Chinese champions Guangzhou Evergrande are building the world's biggest football stadium for $1.7B. It will seat 100,000 and is designed in a lotus flower shape.
Director Vikramaditya Motwane’s earliest memory of being on a set is from the 80s when his mother Dipa De Motwane worked as a production manager. It was an ad for Nycil that was being directed by the legendary Shukla Das. “My sister and I had gone and I remember there was a stage where some kids were doing a play and there was a paper dragon,” the 44-year-old had shared in a previous interview to me. But it was much later when he turned 17 that Motwane began to enjoy being on a set. “I used to be very bored initially. Then my mother roped in my friends and I to help on a television chat show called Teen Talk. That’s when I realised that it was the best thing ever.” Since those heady days of being a production assistant, Motwane has gone on to explore many genres as a director. His debut film Udaan (2010) was the first Indian film in seven years to be an official selection at Cannes. The coming-of-age film, starring Rajat Barmecha and Ronit Roy, is a deeply affecting story of a mother...
Comments
Post a Comment